Thursday 7 May 2009

End.

The Dissertation is now in.  Both an anti-climax and a relief.  

If I were to recommend one book to read following my dissertation, it would be this one:


Easy to read, accessible and earthed in the experience of his own church.

If I were to take one quote from my dissertation that has perhaps to most importance for how we understand who we are it would be this:

"Jesus is the human person properly for God and others, and therefore properly for Himself - both his relations and his identity are undistorted.  To be fully in God's image, to make a right response to God and others, is therefore to be conformed to Christ."  -- McFadyen, The Call to Personhood, p. 46-7.


It was an edifying experience writing the dissertation.  I'd recommend it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well done :)
The end is definately in sight for you!
Hope you manage to squeeze some rest time in before the revision marathon...
Will see you at the end - hope to be around for W3's recital's week...

Tim Goodall. said...

Thanks Liz. Cool, be good to see you. Hope you're doing ok, praying for you.

(Oh, I can't see your blog... I keep forgetting to ask you permission!!)

Lijit Search Wijit