Friday 28 August 2009

All change in life; all change on blog.

I sit at my dining table, in the flat I have occupied for the past 29 days. The small balcony has one of it's doors open, and the David Crowder Band bounce out of the stereo. I have just eaten dinner... a moderately successful omelette (the first attempt, about a week ago, ended up as scrambled egg with onions. Hmmm.....), and some Bramble Jelly on toast, homemade by the lovely lady living below us. Today I have been in to the office to sort out some internet / email logistics for my account with the church, and in to the LST library to start some preliminary reading for the M.A. course which starts in about four weeks.

I tell you all this by way of introducing you to the fact the my life has changed, and I have moved on from being a student, living in halls, and am now a part time Pastoral Assistant and a part time post-grad student. One week in to starting work, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Pray for me, that I may remember that godliness is good in every way, because it holds promises for this life and the next.

And, of course, the blog has changed.

Living the Tension has two meanings, though they overlap. The first tension is between this life and the next. Living as heirs with Christ, living with a message, living in the world, but citizens of the next life, of a new world, we are not of this world. The second tension is between study and ministry, between theory and practice, between orthodoxy and orthopraxy, between studentdom and adulthood.

My aim will be to blog about these tensions and how God's grace is more than enough for any person to cope - more than cope: to thrive - and stay focussed on the goal, by His unending love and mercy.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I look forward to reading about your journey, Tim. And of course, pray for you from afar.

Lijit Search Wijit