Thursday 3 December 2009

The Week That Was



This was played in Chapel on Tuesday. Live, and much better than any of the video's I could find on YouTube.

I take comfort that the lead singer is a Christian (as far as I've ascertained across the Christian grapevine), and that his lyrics speak about the tensions of living the life of a disciple within the context of a hedonistic, nihilistic, materialistic culture.

This week has been harder than most 7 day periods I've experienced, despite having experienced approximately 1185 of them previous to this one.

I have been on the end of some sound and timely words... from family and friends, and from the Lord. I can complain and complain, but at the end of it all, I acknowledge with Job that God is God, and I am not. And it is far better that way round.


I wrote something about these experiences here.

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit