Monday 1 February 2010

The Big Essay Push - Day One.

I've just returned home from day one of the big essay push. Cup of tea is sitting next to me, BBC live text coverage of Transfer Deadline Day open on the tabs (where, incidentally, they have just reported that Robbie Keane is in talks with Celtic over a loan move - I can't help feeling that perhaps Benitez was justified to sell him back to Spurs last January, considering that he now cannot get ahead of Defoe or Crouch... just a thought), and I begin my little blog series on the two week run up to my own deadline day - 15 February, 4pm.

Today has been productive. I have over 1000 words of a plan plus notes written, plus read a bit of Jimmy Dunn. Also discussed the essay over coffee with Helen Morris, which was fantastic - quite a brain she has indeed, and immensely helpful in formulating my own thoughts. Thank you, Helen.

So, upon reflection it has been a remarkably productive day. And to add that magical touch, picked up some free books that included the BST commentaries on Isaiah and James. Can't argue with that.

Now it's time to catch by breath, perhaps have a little lay down, and then it's off to a meeting tonight. Let's hope my energy returns by then!

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit