Tuesday 9 February 2010

The Big Essay Push - Days Six, Seven, Eight & Nine.

The last four days have seen some coming together of the essays. Days Six and Eight were particularly fruitful, and the result is 2 draft essays that, with perhaps another few hours work on both, would be about ready to hand in.

As ever, I'm not happy with them, and feel I can do better had I had more time. Here's hoping they get through the stern eyes of the markers and pass (though it would certainly be an adventure if they didn't).

Days Seven and Nine have had slightly different foci. Day Seven was a church day; Day Nine my normal day off which I try to keep no matter what the situation.

Thus, today has been filled with two lovely meals - courtesy of a carvery lunch with the boys, and dinner with the lovely Nic & Ruth - the beginnings of some seminar reading (that didn't last long), and an evening filled with a phonecall home and starting a new book - 'Major: A Political Life' by Anthony Seldon - whilst listening to Iron & Wine.

I read Seldon's book on Blair over the summer of '09 and thoroughly enjoyed it. So far, his words on John Major are reading just as enjoyably.

Tomorrow is going to be re-designated 'The Big Seminar Push' as prep begins for a seminar on the Sermon of the Mount I'm leading on Monday. Let's see if we can't sort that out in a day...

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit